- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 medium ripe pears, divided
- 8 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Coarsely ground pepper
- For dressing, place the first five ingredients in a blender. Peel, halve and core one pear; add to blender. Cover and process until smooth.
- Peel, core and thinly slice remaining pear. Divide arugula among four plates; top with turkey, sliced pear, pomegranate seeds, pecans, cranberries and green onions. Drizzle with dressing; sprinkle with pepper. Serve immediately.Yield: 4 servings.
Editor’s Note: To toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Originally published as Turkey Salad with Pear Dressing in Country Woman February/March 2016